"All over the world this gospel is bearing fruit and growing..." -Colossians 1:6


Thursday, April 22, 2010

“In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.” –Proverbs 16:9

What a busy couple of weeks it has been. I’d like to know where April went? But the quicker April leaves, the faster I leave for Australia! Only three and a half more weeks until we board the plane for Sydney! May 17th will be here before I know it :-D

Although the month of April has been crazy, God has really been showing me a lot. Most obvious is that God is in control of my life. He is and will continue to direct my path. With support, with missions, with possible career moves, God is leading me in the direction I should go. I trust He is working for my good.

This past weekend I had the privilege of speaking at Liberty Baptist Church in Clermont. I have been in contact with the Pastor for a couple of months now, and last week he asked me if I would be able to speak at his church about my mission trip to Australia. Of course I said YES! What an amazing opportunity to be able to share with the body of Christ what we are being called to do on the college campus in Australia.

Just in case you’re unsure of what we will be doing this summer, I wanted to give you just a brief explanation. We will be building relationships with college students at the University of Sydney in hopes of sharing the gospel with them. We will be partnering with Harbour City Church in the heart of downtown Sydney. Our hope is that God will use our CCP team to bring people to Christ and raise them up as laborers for the lost world. The ‘big picture’ vision for why we are going to Australia is that Australia is only 400 miles from the 10/40 window, the least evangelized area in the whole world! Just to put that in to perspective, Orlando to Birmingham is over 500 miles.

A brief support update, I’m at about 75 % of my goal of $6000! It has been incredible to see how God has opened so many doors to provide. With three weeks until I leave for Sydney, I trust that God is going to provide the rest. But if you haven’t given or if you want to give more, I would ask that you please prayerfully consider supporting me. No amount is too small.

I wanted to thank everyone who has been following my blog for the last couple of months. I have been so incredibly encouraged by your support. As the date to leave approaches, I am getting more and more excited to share the gospel in Sydney, and I hope you are too! I can’t wait to share about all that God is doing on the other side of the world.

Peace and Love

1 comment:

  1. I was just meditating on Proverbs 16:9! I cling to that verse. Tears rolled down my eyes when I saw it here. I have an idea about what I want to do with my life so I'm just waiting on the Lord to show me the steps.
    I am so proud of you and that you have seen where God wants to take you. I am praying for you!

    ReplyDelete