"All over the world this gospel is bearing fruit and growing..." -Colossians 1:6


Sunday, May 9, 2010

I Shall Not Lack

Only 7 days until our team boards a plane for Sydney, Australia! Words cannot express how excited I am to be able to spend my summer seeking and sharing Jesus Christ. Finals are done. The hardest academic semester of my life is complete. I can now truly focus on the journey ahead.

-------------------------------------

As I sat down to spend time with the Lord this morning, this verse jumped off the page. I wanted to share with you what I feel like God has been showing me:

‘Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.” –Malachi 3:10

God promises that He will pour out His blessing until there is no more need! Praise be to God that His faithfulness endures forever. That He never changes. That although we leave for Sydney in less than 7 days, God has no time table. He is always right on time!

And so this is my prayer request for the week. That God would provide! There is a need for support, a need for our team to be able to share Christ in Australia. Would you join me in prayer? Would you ask God to change my doubting heart to a heart that trusts in Him, in His plan, and His work. Would you search your own heart and see if God is calling you to give to my mission?

I feel like there is still so much support to be raised ($1000) and so little time. I trust in the promises of God. I know He can do immeasurably more than I could ever imagine (Eph. 3:20). But there is certainly a doubt that I have hit a major support road block.

--------------------------------------

My meditation for the week: Psalm 23

The Lord, our God, knows us personally and intimately. He takes great glory in taking what is broken and restoring it to righteousness, for His name's sake. He sustains. He satisfies. He pursues us with an everlasting love. Goodness eternal. Fellowship everlasting. His grace is always enough. And we are filled to overflowing. We shall not lack.

Because I am in Christ, I shall not lack. For He is my provider, my protector, my all in all. It is only by His grace that I have this opportunity to raise support. Only by His grace that I have the opportunity to know Him, and to share Him with others—and so I live to glorify God through it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment