"All over the world this gospel is bearing fruit and growing..." -Colossians 1:6


Thursday, April 1, 2010

Humble Confidence

“With You, Jesus, I cannot perish; You are always in the boat with me; what have I to fear? You may sleep; I shall not awaken You. My poor nature will tremble, oh yes! But with all my will I shall remain in peace, in the midst of the storm, confident in You. "

O to have such humble confidence!

Hello supporters! It’s been a while since I last updated you all, so I wanted to fill you in on all that has happened.

During our retreat in early March, we were given the task of creating a personal development plan for this summer in Australia. Being the planner that I am, I was super excited to get to do this! But as I brainstormed, I realized that I had absolutely no idea where to start. Thanks to my buddy LB we came up with a pretty sweet plan.

This summer I will be learning about what it means to have humble confidence. What is humble confidence you ask? As of now, the best way I can describe this is to be bold in my faith, knowing that I have the Holy Spirit in me, but dependant on Christ as my Savior and the Lord of my life.

Financial support these past two weeks has been such a lesson in trusting in the Lord. Last week was the best week of support so far. God was so incredibly faithful to bring on supporters. Because of this, I came into the week with almost a deserving kind of mentality—full of confidence, yet severely lacking in humility. I was blind to the fact that I had been trusting in myself. God broke me in my pride by closing doors that I thought for sure would be open to me.

In light of these past two weeks I can truly praise God that He accepts us just the way we are, but loves us too much to keep us that way. He is about transforming us into Christ’s likeness, and I am so grateful for such a Holy makeover.

“He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all-how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things.” –Romans 8:32

Happy Easter everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful, Erin. So encouraged by you. Keep pursuing the faith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin!!
    I just started reading your blog, and I am so encouraged to hear what the Lord is doing in your life and those around you.
    Please continue to give updates and prayer requests as I will be praying for you and all the students going on CCP. I love you!

    ReplyDelete